We Change Your Staff’s Mindset and Behavior
Your Challenge — We’ve been hearing bankers express the same frustrations with the results they received from sales training and culture change since we started our business over 20 years ago. See if you relate to any of these comments:
- “We struggle to get our staff motivated and fully engaged in selling”
- “Despite all the ‘needs based’ sales training we gave our staff, they continue to sell products instead of solutions”
- “They don’t really engage the member/customer, are not uncovering financial anxieties and don’t see themselves as a financial partner”
- “They’re afraid of being viewed as nosey if they ask a customer about finances”
- “Our business bankers just give presentations instead of understanding our customers’ business and offering solutions. They’re not connecting, they’re not diagnosing and they’re not following up”
- “Our staff is pleasant but we’re not giving customers/members a good reason to become a loyal advocate”
- “I hate to say it, but after all the money we spent on sales training, many of our people are still order takers”
People are “trained” but their behavior doesn’t always change.
Most Sales Training Firms’ Approach — There is no shortage of well-designed training delivered by professional trainers. What’s in short supply are training companies who can enroll your staff in the culture change and get them excited about using the new skills. It’s not that they don’t meet commonly accepted standards for professional training. It’s just that sales training companies (and internal trainers) have to work with the people that show up for the classes.
According to Gallup, 55% of all U.S. workers are not engaged in their job and 16% are actively disengaged. We don’t know of many sales training companies that do much, if anything, to motivate, inspire and get buy-in from class attendees so that they actually WANT to use the skills. They just deliver the training.
The High Definition Banking® Approach — Behavioral scientists will tell you people don’t change their behavior unless they have to or they want to. We motivate and inspire people to want to! Besides teaching skills, High Definition Banking® has proven to change hearts, minds and behavior that leads to improved performance. It’s not just our information — it’s our inspiration. Here is what you can expect from us:
- Mindset Change — First, we create a paradigm shift in how your staff thinks about generating business and how they’re perceived: as a partner and resource for borrowing, financial planning, investing, insurance and other products and services. They experience a change in mindset from being simply an order-taking sales person to a relationship manager and trusted financial advisor. Many frontline bankers don’t like “selling” but they DO want to be of service.
- Empowerment — Second, they not only acquire hard skills from our relationship building and sales training but also an uplifting belief that they can truly improve the financial well-being of your customers or members and make a difference in those lives. By instilling a servant attitude that focuses on the customer or member, we actually empower and inspire staff to apply the skills we teach!
- Engagement — Third, we truly engage attendees in the training, the process that follows and their jobs. We get them to see that learning and applying the new skills and changes back on the job are not just about their employer but about success in their personal lives. They’re challenged to excel not only in their job but to succeed in their personal life.
Many attendees leave the training with a new outlook on life. They wake up their dormant dreams and start to believe they really can achieve more for themselves. We designed the training and the process back on the job to be engaging, impactful, exciting and fun. They start to get what it means to be a High Definition Person!
We Challenge You To Find Another Firm That Can Accomplish What We Do!
This is a big promise and you may wonder just how we are able to deliver on it. Read the testimonials below and then give us a call. We’ll be happy to explain more about our “secret sauce.”
“…we’ve seen a significant change in how our managers spend their time. They are actively managing the sales process, observing and coaching. You are highly engaging, make selling and relationship building easy and fun for our people and best of all, empower them to believe they can do it and it’s not so scary after all.”
– SVP Retail and Investments, Commonwealth Credit Union
“Thanks for your awesome program. You not only gave us great ideas to improve service and customer relationships, you inspired us to take action professionally and personally. Those employees who ‘groaned’ about attending, were raving when it was over! That motivation has had a lasting impact on us. We have several supervisors who are really stepping up to the plate and implementing some of your ideas. We also have a couple of employees who were marginal and have started to excel. Thanks again.”
– Community National Bank & Trust of Texas
“What came out loud and clear is you earnestly want to see us succeed. Your process and training has made employees feel it’s [our relationship culture] actually going to happen so they see we offer a better path forward. That has lead them to feel more positive about the future, excited, optimistic and empowered to adopt the skills.”
– CEO, Town and Country Bank